Pages

How This Started

Like many others, I was feeling helpless in the wake of natural and human disasters. So many things to make the world a harder, colder, meaner place. And yet, from these tragedies, stories of love, warmth, and heroic sacrifice emerged. At some point, it occurred to me that I could do something. Maybe I couldn't rescue someone from a flood or hurricane stricken zone, or prevent a violently unstable person from killing others - but I could do something. So I challenged my family and friends on FaceBook to think of things that I could do. I was going to choose one of their suggestions to complete; however, as I saw the suggestions that they made, I realized that the need was so great, that I should not just choose one, but choose all of them. Now, I caution you, this list is eclectic, and does not at all even scratch the surface of what can or needs to be done. But it's a start. A proof of concept, if you will.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vision Walk

Walking to cure Retinitis Pigmentosa - a genetic disorder that causes retina damage and progressive vision loss.  Although not on the list of Good Things that my FB family and friends suggested, I decided to add it to my list for very personal reasons - this genetic disease is slowly robbing our son of his vision.  Research scientists are so close to being able to stop the deterioration.  And once that happens, then the reversal of the damage to the eye can't be far behind.  Help us cure this type of blindness in our life time by supporting me in the Nashville Vision Walk 2013 being held on April 20th - or join us on the walk and raise even more funds.  Not in the greater Nashville area? Find a walk in your city here.


No comments:

Post a Comment